Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Wednesday, June 29, 2016


Gifts
1 Corinthians 7:7

Do you enjoy rich coffee in the morning? I do, in fact I often bribe myself with the hot beverage to get myself out of bed on a cold winter day. I’m sipping a fresh cup now as I write this, feeling the warmth flow through me. But what about those hot summer dawns, when the last thing you want is to pour something hot? Isn’t iced coffee a great substitute? Just add a cup of ice to coffee brewed a bit stronger, and you’re all set.
Your outer life can be like this if things feel too hot, or intense. Ice them down. Slow down. If a relationship becomes too hot, put it on ice for while. If you are spending too much time on a hobby or idle activity, put it on ice for a while. Use the summer days to read your Bible or some meaningful devotionals. Use the days to seek out your spiritual gifts. Or have a cup of iced coffee and talk to your kids.


No comments: