Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Friday, May 06, 2016

Sharon Srock: The Mercie Collection

ALL ABOUT MERCIE      

Scottlyn Rich is sixty-seven days from her wedding to Grant Weber. When the conversation she hoped would bring reconciliation with her estranged father turns to disaster, she is left adrift and feeling more orphaned than ever. Until her mother walks through the door.
Grant Weber has spent two years earning Scottlyn’s trust. He can’t believe how easily she’s willing to accept her mom’s excuses about where she’s been for the past seventeen years. There’s something off about Jocelyn Rich and he’s determined to find answers even if it costs him his engagement to Scottlyn.

Will Scottlyn allow deception to derail her future, or will she take hold of wisdom and realize that her life truly is all about Mercie?      









ORDINARY WOMEN, EXTRAORDINARY FAITH

Sometimes a woman needs another woman to lean on, to draw strength from, to share her secrets with. Someone who knows the dark moments of her past and loves her anyway. Someone to tell her the truth, even when it stings. Someone to pray for her. Someone to remind her that God still loves her. 

Those are the stories I tell. 

Ordinary women, extraordinary faith. 


Wealthy women, middle class women, young, old, and everything in between. Women with jobs. Women raising their families along side of empty nesters. Women with dreams for their futures and hurts that haunt their past. ordinary women, extraordinary faith, sisters of the heart if not by blood, bound together by the ties of Christ's "forever family".




From Sharon's Page.....

With permission from the women, I wanted to share some things about myself.
I'm a mother of two beautiful daughters and three stepsons. I think the last count on grandchildren and greats  was 22. Thanksgiving and Christmas with this group can be a challenge, but is always a joy.

I've been married to my husband, Larry for almost 17 years. He has supported me in this endeavor and I love him a lot. We live in the-middle-of-no-where Oklahoma with two grown Labrador retrievers, Sara and Ziva. They think I'm their mommy.

I have a full time job at the local Air Force Base, been there for 25 years. I sell Avon, been doing that for 20 years. I write when I'm not doing either one of those things.

I love to read. Sometimes I think I must have been born with a book in my hand. I can never remember my mother being much of a reader till later in her life, but I know she encouraged that love of books in me. I'm grateful to her for that.

Writers are expected to love books, but I have a couple of other things that aren't so standard.

I like to pan for gold, I enjoy NASCAR (go Jeff Gordon!), and I'm a serious Trekker. Most of my previous writing experience was Trek stuff. Poems and short stories published in various fanzines. Well, there IS that unpublished Star Trek novel buried in my closet, but we won't go there.

I have worshiped at the same Pentecostal church for 40 years. The people there are my forever family and I couldn't ask for better.









2 comments:

Sharon Srock said...

Thanks for having me!!

Robin Bayne said...

My pleasure, Sharon!