Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Friday, June 19, 2015

New today! Writing Devotional by Dianne J Wilson

                                                        He’s a Keeper!

Over a decade ago, God leaned down and nudged me… maybe you should write a novel. I argued with Him, “But Lord, novels are not important. They don’t have the power to change lives. I want to write words that matter!” His answer surprised me, but the more I thought about it, the more sense it made.  Jesus told stories.

Jesus told stories. That was enough to launch me into wrestling eighty thousand words into submission.  Much like stuffing an octopus into my mailbox, I grappled with character arcs and plot, themes and sub-themes. When the first one didn’t find a publisher, I wrote the second. I faced my nemesis daily: doubt, fear of rejection. How does one take so much time away from your family in the hopes that a publisher will take a liking to it?

And then one did. And that brings us to today – release day for Finding Mia from Pelican / Harbourlight. 

 As I look back over the last decade of writing, hoping, polite rejection letters and tears, there is one thing that stands out to me through it all. Jesus is the keeper of my heart. From that first whisper, through all the times I quit writing (and then came back) He kept me on track. He kept the dream alive long after I was ready to take a shovel to it and bury it out back beneath the daisy bush.

 Friends, He is a keeper! 

He kept me hoping. He kept me believing. He kept me writing. And He will do the same for you. He is well able to tend the dream He planted inside you until the day shoots break the surface and become visible to those around you. He will coach you, teach you what you need to know, fling wide doors of opportunity in the right place, at the right time. Take courage, He can keep you beyond where you can keep yourself.



Dianne J. Wilson is a freelance writer and novelist from East London, South Africa. She is mom to three girls and wife to Scott, who, being the only male other than the St Bernard, is horribly outnumbered and has learnt to dodge flying hormones. Her first 'official' novel, Finding Mia, releases from Pelican / Harbourlight today.



Isobel is on the hunt for her missing muse. What she finds instead is an abandoned toddler who is sunburned and close to death. Dr Liam Brigham keeps little Mia alive, but needs Isobel to save the girl from a far greater danger--a killer with an agenda for kidnapping.
 
With Mia's life next in line, Isobel and Liam have to put aside their differences, face their past and throw their trust at the only One able to save. 









No comments: