Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Week Sixty-One: Nancy Richardson

              The Final Chapter Is Not Yet



“Your eyes saw my substance, being yet formed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.”  Psalm 139:16  (NKJV)

This particular passage hit home in me one evening as I sat reading my Bible. In it, it says ... in Your book they are written, the days fashioned for me.
I am in God’s book. He know what each chapter that is written is about. It is a story fashioned for me. I became so excited to suddenly realize I am in God’s story. Yes, a character worth writing about. The plot He knows and I get to experience, one chapter at a time.

He knows each one’s particular style. You may be a poem with rhyme and reason. You could be a mystery yet to be discovered. You could be a hero or heroine or one of many smaller characters. You are a part of the greatest book ever written, God’s Book. The final chapter of your story is not yet. It is still left for you to experience.

Ask God to prepare your heart to complete the days He has written for you, with zeal and passion. Give Him the glory. Give Him the praise. And live the story He has fashioned for you. There are still chapters to be completed.



Nancy DuBose Richardson is a born-again follower of Jesus Christ and is living in Camden, Arkansas with my husband and one child, the last of six, left at home. After teaching Sunday School class for many years she wrote and self published a 30 day devotional called "Seek First.." for her class and friends. Currently, she is working on another devotional series called "At the Kitchen Table", and one dealing with choices which is yet to be titled.



1 comment:

Mz kat said...

Thank you for this post. I am saving it to read again tomorrow. I thought about these few paragraphs all afternoon.