Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Week Forty-Three: Gail Gaymer Martin

A Perfect Model

“The most beautiful painting can never capture the beauty of this world, and my best writing will never compare to the Word of God, but I trust God to inspire my creations – whatever they may be, and that my writing will be used for His purpose.” Colossians 3:12 - 14. (NIV)




Therefore as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Though these verses are perfect for us as a life model, they also apply to writers. Each of these attributes lend themselves to our careers as we write stories that touch people’s lives. We show compassion, gentleness and understanding to our characters and their journey and trials. We must be patient and forgiving with ourselves, editors, and readers who may reject or criticize.

When we succeed, we do it with humility, praising God for His blessings. We write for love: love of God, love of the readers, and love of the stories we tell. And as we all know, writers are bound together in unity with the same passion for writing and sharing the Good News of our Savior.




Gail Gaymer Martin: God has amazed me. I became a freelance writer in 1995 after retiring from public education. I began writing fiction in 1997, and sold to Barbour publishing in 1998. After my second book with them, I sold my first novel to Steeple Hill in 1999.  I have 55 published novels with 4 million books in print, some having received national awards. Some of my books have been translated into nineteen foreign languages. I hope my amazing career helps people realize that it’s never too late to make your dreams come true. With God, anything is possible. Visit my web site at www.gailgaymermartin.com Please share your comments below. I’d love to hear from you. If you are a writer, please visit my blog Writing Fiction Right at www.writingright-martin.blogspot.com



No comments: