Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Week Nine: Catherine Fox

             Success with Writing


“Only be careful and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your hearts as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.”  Deuteronomy 4:9 (NIV)

Can we think of anything more important in our journey on this earth than passing on our Christian heritage to our posterity? Whatever we write, whether in our journals, in fiction or
non-fiction stories, in articles about our beliefs or accounts of our own experiences, our writings will become a legacy for our family.

I am now eighty years old and have been writing since age thirty-five. I have several self-published books which are regarded less highly by the professionals than if I had a publisher. A few of my articles have appeared in various magazines—not an impressive number. But I will not lament if “professional” never becomes attached to my name.

Several of my readers have let me know that my books benefited them. This provides great satisfaction for me. Most important of all is the legacy I will leave to my family of the life I lived and my relationship with Jesus Christ.

I pray that some of my descendants who do not know the Lord will be influenced by something I have written, to be united with Him.

So my advice to you fellow writers is don’t be discouraged if you are not a spectacular success in the eyes of the world. You can wield an influence long after your life here is over by the impact your writing can have on your most important people: your family.


                              ~~~Catherine Amands Cone Fox  1924-2011~~~

1 comment:

Robin Bayne said...

Catherine's last line is especially heart-tugging.