Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Week Eight: Donna Parker

Words


In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.” John 1:1  (KJV)



Words. We, as writers, work everyday with words. How important is that?
Words are so important that the apostle John, inspired by God, called God’s own Son, Jesus, the Word—Jesus, God’s ultimate communication with mankind.
Words are so important that in the beginning of the world, God put them into the mouths of only one of His many creations, the only one made in His image: mankind.
Words are so important that God chose to inspire certain men over the centuries to write down

His will for us so that we could have
a solid, unchanging copy of His eternal plan in our Bible.

We, as writers, work everyday with words.   What a
breathtaking and humbling responsibility.
 Even as I write fiction to entertain readers, I can use my words to tear down or build up. I can use them to incite to evil or inspire to good. I can use them as a curse or a blessing. I can let my


Christian light shine or I can hide it under a bushel.
What would Jesus do? What would He expect me to do with this special gift of words?





Donna (D.H.) Parker, a native of the Missouri Ozarks, writes family-rated fiction.  Five books in the "Fiddling With Murder" mystery series and four stand-alone "Fairy-Tale Mysteries" are available at Wings e-Press.  She and her husband of over four decades currently live in Alabama. Website: http://donnaparker.w4aw.org

Check out more of her titles here.



 

No comments: