Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Week Five: Joanne Schulte


 

“Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.” Mark 16:15 (NIV)

     Sitting at a computer for long periods of time, and enduring writer’s block and rejection notices somehow seem far removed from obeying Christ’s last words to preach the gospel, the good news, to all creation. After all, when writing I’m not sharing the good news face-to-face with anyone. Yet, this “Great Commission” was directed toward all Christians, so that includes me. I know the Lord has not asked me to preach from a pulpit.
He has called me to write for Him, and so I write. But the thought comes to mind. How, then, do I reconcile His commission with my call?

Recently a friend discovered one of my articles in a magazine he found at a bus stop in Southern California. That article had been published in another state. But because the magazine goes to subscribers all over the United States and even into foreign countries, my words are reaching people around the world.
Lee Roddy once said. “Write so heaven will be different.” That, to me, seems to be the answer to combining the gift I’ve been given with obeying Christ’s commission. I can tell others about Christ with my writing. As those words are published, I pray they may have a powerful impact on their readers. As I “preach the good news” on a printed page, seeds are “planted,” or perhaps “watered,” in preparation for Christ to “give the increase.” When this happens, heaven will indeed be different, for there will be people in heaven because of what they have read. Looking at my calling in this light makes me so thankful to be a writer. I’m more determined than ever to search for that elusive phrase, send an article for submission for the tenth time, or hone my craft any way I can. For now I’ve seen it’s through my writing that I’m obeying Christ’s commission to “go into all the world and preach the good news.”



Joanne Wright Schulte began writing for the Lord in 2002 and just recently has begun a speaking ministry too. Her work has appeared in many publications including Chicken Soup for the Soul books. She enjoys, music, reading, writing and speaking.

2 comments:

Donna B said...

You are so right, Joanne! I see our mission as to spread the word in whatever way He has gifted us. So for us writers, it's with words. Never forget, He uses it all. May God bless your words wherever they are read.

Robin Bayne said...

Thanks for stopping by Donna.