Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Visionary


A visionary is someone who sees into the future Taylor Forrestier sees into the past but only as it pertains to her work. Hailed by her peers as “a visionary with an instinct for beauty and an eye for the unique” Taylor is undoubtedly a brilliant architect and gifted designer. But she and twin brother Trevor, share more than a successful business. The two share a childhood wrought with lies and deceit and the kind of abuse that’s disturbingly prevalent in today’s society.Can the love of God and the awesome healing power of His grace and mercy free the twins from their past and open their hearts to the good plan and the future He has for their lives?Find out in…The Visionary ~ Where the power of God's love heals the most wounded of souls.

Meet Pamela Thibodeaux!


Everyone who comments will have their name tossed in a hat to win a copy of The Visionary. And I'm sure Pam wouldn't mind answering questions if you have any.


Award-winning author, Pamela S. Thibodeaux is the Co-Founder and a lifetime member of Bayou Writers Group in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Multi-published in romantic fiction as well as creative non-fiction, her writing has been tagged as, “Inspirational with an Edge!” ™ and reviewed as “steamier and grittier than the typical Christian novel without decreasing the message.”

Question: What inspired this novel? How did it come about?

Answer: When I first wrote The Visionary in a 5-subject notebook (where most of my stuff began way back when) I had in mind a sweet romance featuring m/f twins and their love interests. When I first typed the novel, I thought, “this is my light romance!” which was a great relief after some of my other work which dealt with subjects like domestic violence, grief, and betrayal. However, one day I sent off the first 3 chapters to a friend and her response was, “these twins are awful close, you need to be careful.” Of course that made me wonder Why? What happened to them or between them to make them so close (I couldn’t seem to tone down their intense feelings for one another). Then one day I walked out of my office into the living room where my husband sat watching a popular talk show. In a heart-wrenching scene the young man on the show apologized to his sisters because he couldn’t stop the abuse they suffered at the hands of their father. I swear, every drop of blood drained from my body and I began to argue with God…. No! Not that! Anything but that! I can’t write this! I have no experience in this! I’m not qualified as a minister or therapist! God….PLEASE….no. Three days of wavering, three days of arguing, three days of not being able to sit down and write a single word and God finally confronted me with…. “Who are you writing for anyway?” I capitulated and wrote the entire story in 4 months during the busiest time of year for a bookkeeper/tax preparer (Jan - April).


My own thoughts on this story:There are many subjects that seem to be taboo in Christian fiction -- sexual abuse, especially against children, is one of them. Ms. Thibodeaux has handled this loathsome subject with class in her fictional tale of love, forgiveness and redemption.


Trevor and Taylor, twins with an unthinkable past, grow and find love in the course of this novel. They not only have to forgive their father, but also themselves, and learn to trust and be intimate with their new loved ones.

The author blends in secondary stories with ease, tying all the loose ends up easily. Their story is told with sensitivity against a rich, colorful background of southern style and history. This story was a journey I feel richer for taking.

Loved it, Pamela!

9 comments:

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks so much Robin for hosting my tour and your lovely review.

PamT

Dana Pratola said...

I loved it too. It's a honor to be friends with such telented women as you both are =-D

Dana Pratola said...

Wow, I really messed up that last comment! But you girls get the point.

Robin Bayne said...

LOL Dana. Thanks for your comment and we're honored to be friends with you as well : >

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

You're right - both of you LOL!

Thanks again.

You are both in the drawing for an autographed copy. :-)
PamT

LoRee Peery said...

Pamela, love the title, the look, and the hook.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks LoRee!

Cecelia Dowdy said...

Wow! Sounds like a shocking story, but, a story that needs to be told! Wonderful interview. Sounds like an interesting and riveting novel!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thank you so much Cecilia for dropping by & commenting - your name is in the hat too :-)
Pamt