Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Storms

This is from a set of June devotionals I wrote a few years ago. The project was abandoned before the other authors finished their months, so I thought I'd post a few here.



When neither sun nor stars appeared for many days and the storm continued raging, we finally gave up all hope of being saved. ---Acts 27:20


Summer storms hit hard and often without warning in my area of the world. They can be severe, they can scare us into taking shelter, of feeling fear and sending prayer upward. I remember being caught in a sudden thunderstorm as a child, one with wild lightening strikes, loud booming thunder and thrashing bay water chopping at the sides of our small boat. I was out on our family’s powerboat on the Chesapeake Bay, but my mom was at a bridal shower that day. Mentally I called out for “mom” but depended on my dad, who knew exactly how to maneuver the boat to the safety of a strange pier. As an adult, I still love my parents very much, but I call on God to help me weather the storms of adult life.

1 comment:

Jamie aka Carbarella said...

I needed to read this today. Thank you.