Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A SolitaryJob

Rachel Hauck has a thoughtful piece over at My Book Therapy.

Therapist Thought: A Writer’s Relationship with Routine
Writing is a solitary job that requires a community to help get it done.




Most writers don’t struggle with relationships. Not that I see anyway. Even introverts have people in their lives — if only the ones living in their head.

Writing is a solitary job that requires a community to help get it done. The most moving part of each novel for me is writing the acknowledgments.

I weep.

I laugh.

I sigh.

I worry I’ve forgotten someone.

Did I remember the girl at the coffee house who gave me barista information? Wasn’t there someone I called to get information on college athletes?

I want to thank everyone who said a kind word to me while writing the book because I couldn’t have done it without them.

A writer’s life is an odd life. We crave alone time. We crave people time. Every once in awhile we have to crawl out of our imaginary world to the real one in order to gain perspective and rebalance our emotional scales.

Read more here.

No comments: