Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Friday, May 20, 2011

Meet Writer Sherri Salatin


Hi Sherri! Tell me a little about yourself and your family.

I am Sheri Salatin from the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. I'm married to my best friend, Daniel and we have 3 kids - Travis 7, Andrew 5 and Lauryn 3. We are full time alternative farmers on our multi-generational family farm - Polyface (www.polyfacefarms.com). I'm passionate about farming as well as writing. We use creation as our template for raising clean healthy animals.
I'm active in our church, serving as nursery director and AWANA Sparks Director. When I'm not reading or writing, you can find me baking, sewing, gardening, canning, quilting, knitting and homeschooling.

1. What inspires you?
People inspire me. People who stand for what is right when no one else stands with them. And God's Word inspires me. A day that I feel like my creativity is stifled is the day that I missed my quiet time in God's Word.

2. Share 3 random facts about yourself.
I read magazines from back to front.
My mom always says that I was born in the wrong century. I love all of the old time crafts - canning, knitting, leather-work, long skirts, etc.
I'm the oldest of 6 children

3. What relaxes you after a long day?
Curling up in bed with good book or talking about the day with my hubby.

4. What do you like to read?
Fiction - any kind, any place. I love fiction. I love stories that take me to places I've never been and ones that visit places similar to my hometown.

5. What is your greatest asset?
I'm a fast reader and a good listener.

6. What are you working on right now? Tell us about your current book.
I'm working on my very first book - a contemporary romantic suspense currently titled The Gift's Secret. Here's the blurb:
Laura Taylor is desperate for answers to her past but her sister's life hangs in the balance if she tries to find them. Determined to save her sister and uncover what really happened to her parents, she will have to trust Matt Knight, a convicted felon and a cowboy who wants to lasso her heart. But he's not as dangerous as the Servant who will go to any length to keep the truth a secret.
Can Laura save her sister and discover the meaning of unconditional love before it's too late?

7. What one piece of advice would you give to other aspiring authors just like yourself?
Just do it. If you don't start, you'll never get anywhere. I am guilty of this. For years I said, "Before I die, I want to write a book." Then I realized that if I didn't start, I was never going to accomplish that goal. If you have a burning desire to do something, what is holding you back? You'll never learn if you don't start. And as my father-in-law always says, "Anything worth doing, is worth doing poorly at first."

8. What would you like to ask the readers of this post?
What is your favorite day of the week and why?

How can my readers find you?
My blog - http://sherisalatin.blogspot.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/SheriSalatin

Thank you so much for having me, Robin. I'm excited to meet all of you! I'll stop by, so leave comments or questions and let's chat!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Thank you so much for having me, Robin. It's great to be here!