Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Midsummer's Night


Silence


But the LORD is in his holy temple;
let all the earth be silent before him." Habakkuk 2:20


One of my favorite scents of Yankee brand candles is “Midsummer’s Night.” It is a deep indigo blue color and as for the scent, well, I wish this book had scratch –n-sniff features so you could experience it with me. On a dark, steamy July night, I burn this candle and listen to the silence outside my window. It’s a quiet month, if you ignore the crickets, as most of the outdoor concerts and carnivals that light up the evening don’t start until August. It’s then that I feel His presence. My family room becomes a temple, and I turn off the television and bask in the glow of candlelight and peace.

No comments: