Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Day He Has Made


Another great excerpt from Liveprayer.com--


I don't know about you, but I get EXCITED to wake up and see what God has in
store for the day. For me, every day is like Christmas. Virtually every day
I have a very packed and tight schedule and am required to be at certain
places at certain times. So I pretty much know going into each day what I
will be doing each hour. Despite that rigid structure, I still get charged
up since I know as the day unfolds God is with me each moment and that He is
in control of everything that happens. Even when things don't go exactly as
I would hope or plan, I have great peace in knowing that God is still on His
throne and still in control. I also know that during each day, He is going
to bless me in ways I had not even considered or thought of. I don't know
about you, but I enjoy God's blessings and can't wait to see what they will
be that day.

I realize that the first thought many of you had as you read the opening
line, "Are you ready to have a GREAT day," is "is this guy crazy?" You are
thinking, how can I have a great day when I am in such a financial mess? You
are thinking, how can I have a great day when my body is ravaged with pain
and sickness? You are thinking, how can I have a great day when I am
mourning the loss of someone I loved so much. You are thinking, how can I
have a great day when my marriage is on the verge of divorce. You are
thinking, how can I have a great day when I am enslaved to drugs, alcohol,
gambling, food, shopping, illicit sex, or whatever bondage you may be in.


My word for you today is to not let the day-to-day challenges of life burden
you to the point you stop looking forward to each day. The Bible tells us
that tomorrow is promised to NONE OF US, and that each day is literally a
gift from God. We need to embrace the day for what it is, a gift from God,
and be thankful for it despite whatever challenges the day may bring our
way. We live in a sin-filled and evil world. Because of that, we will always
have trials and tribulations, always have battles and challenges, but we can
still have peace and joy because we know that God will help us be victorious
over those trials and tribulations, those battles and challenges!

No comments: