Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Oprah loves Kindle


Although I'm not an Oprah fan, I am jazzed that she's endorsing Amazon's Kindle Reader.

Michelle Kerns writes, "When Oprah gives a thumbs-up to something--whether it's a food, a diet, a cause, or a book--it doesn't require a degree in business to figure out what will happen next: her millions of devoted fans will line up in droves to eat (or not eat, as the case may be) donate money to, read, or buy, her new interest.
And that is exactly what is expected to happen now that Oprah has officially endorsed Amazon's e- book reader, the Kindle, saying:

It's absolutely my new favorite, favorite thing in the world."

And though it's not a cheap gadget, the books cost less (than paper books) and paper is saved when you read "e." Read more about it in Michelle's column.

It sounds good to me, and I do love e-books, but I will never want to completely abandon printed books. They smell so good!

3 comments:

robinlee said...

I've owned a Kindle since March or April. Love it! I thought I would miss a traditional book in my hand, but I don't. You forget you are reading on a machine. I go on a trip now with 40 books to choose from and only 10 oz of weight to carry. (It will hold hundreds of books; I just haven't bought that many yet.)

Robin

Robin Bayne said...

It does sound great, Robin! Thanks for sharing your experience with it.

Lillie Ammann said...

Robin,
Like Robin, I love my Kindle, and I'm excited my newest novel is available as a Kindle edition as well as paperback and other e-book formats. I just posted a review of the Kindle on my blog. Oprah is giving a $50 discount on the purchase of a Kindle—it's on her Web site and I have the promotion code in my post.