Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Enjoying Life?

From Liveprayer.com's Daily Devotional:


"I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more
abundantly." (John 10:10 KJV)

Are you enjoying your life?


Seriously, take a moment right now, think, and
honestly answer me, are you enjoying your life? I am not asking you if
everything is perfect in your life, since that will never be the case. We
will always have things that we are facing, battles to fight, challenges to
overcome, that is simply part of living in this sin-filled and fallen world
we are passing through.

But today I want you to take some time and reflect
and tell me whether you are enjoying your life or not.
In my time with the Lord very early this morning, this is the question God
asked me.

As I was praying for the things I had on my list to pray for,
spending some time after that just fellowshipping with the Lord and talking
to Him about different issues,

He stopped me and simply asked, "Bill, are
you enjoying your life?"

Without any hesitation I told the Lord that yes,I
was really enjoying my life. Despite the problems and trials
we all have to face in our life, despite the never-ending challenges of Liveprayer, the bottom line is I look forward to each day and truly enjoy my life.

Afterwards, I was thinking back about this seemingly strange question He had
asked me, but the more I thought about it the less strange it really was.
You see, the Lord wants us to enjoy our life.

After all, the Bible tells us
that He came to give us life and LIFE MORE ABUNDANTLY!

This is a Biblical
truth that we often forget and I am afraid a promise from the Lord we don't
embrace enough.

What happens is we get so caught up in our day-to-day trials
and tribulations we forget that we are supposed to be enjoying our life
along the way.

Here is the key and the message I want you to hear today.


No matter what
your trials may be, no matter what your challenges may be, no matter what
your battles may be, you can still enjoy your life and embrace the promise
that Jesus came to not just give us life, but life more abundantly!

That means despite the hurts and pains you may be experiencing today, you can
still enjoy your life and the abundance Christ promised you.

I already know many of you have stopped reading and are typing emails that
basically are asking me how you can enjoy your life when you are going
through a divorce, or dealing with a major health crisis, or in bondage to
some addiction, or have serious financial problems, or children who are
living in rebellion to God, or need a job, or any number of things that may
be going on in your life today.

The answer is your relationship with Christ!
Because of HIM, you can face all of the problems that are out there and
still enjoy your life.

Jesus told His disciples in the Garden that they would have trials and
tribulations in their life, but He added to "be of good cheer" because He
had overcome this world.


********** with that in mind, Have a Wonderful Week!

No comments: