Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Monday, January 21, 2008

101 Cups of Water

I have to admit, the cover on this little book really caught my attention. I did feel thirsty looking at it, and I was glad I opened it up.Photobucket

Cec Murphey calls it "Refreshingly honest and disarmingly vulnerable."


I enjoyed the honest "cups" the author shared from his life. For example, A Cup of Defiance shares with the reader how the author is tired of being condemned for his shortcomings. . . by other folks behind his back.

I have a copy of this book to give away!!! Leave a comment about what part of life you would like a "cup" of for a chance to win.
You will also receive an unclaimed prize --the novel "Let Them Eat Cake" by Sandra Byrd!


C.D. Baker dips into the flowing stream of God’s love and draws out relief, refreshment, mercy, hope and sustenance for a new generation of Christ-followers. Baker’s clean, simple prose is paired with evocative, black and white photographs that will etch each truth into the reader’s memory.

C.D. Baker founded and operated an award-winning insurance business before redirecting his career to write. His historical novel Crusade of Tears in The Journey of Souls series earned a Christy Award nomination. He’s completing a master’s degree in theological studies at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland, where he splits his time from home in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. His website is www.cdbaker.com.



Order here

11 comments:

Valerie said...

I would like a cup of hope so that I may give a sip of hope to the hopeless. We know that hope comes from the Lord and I would like to start the seeds to all that are hopeless.

Anonymous said...

I am currently pondering BIG thoughts on community among believers and am especially keen on reading thoughts about how to reestablish trust after having been wounded or disrespected. Does the book have a cup of something to soothe that? If so, I'd love to drink from it.

Anonymous said...

I would like a cup of cold water as I care for my 84 year old mother. She is now confined to a wheelchair and very limited bbut clear in thoughts and abounding in love. She and my Dad live a few miles from me. I am a single parent with two adopted girls and a fulltime counseling practice. The cup of cold water would enable me to be refreshed so that I could pour out to others. cs

cdbaker said...

Hi: I'm the author and I just wanted to say 'thanks' for posting my book. I wrote it based on a pretty touch spiritual journey of my own, so it's a joy to see it touching others.

Oh, and don't enter me in your giveaway...it'll look like a setup. ;)

Anonymous said...

OH ROBIN,

I'LL BE HONORED TO WIN ONE OF YOUR BOOKS SO I CAN READ IT AND DONATE TO AN IRAC PLATOON MY CITY ADOPTED.

DO YOU HAVE A NEWSLETTER?

LINDA B

robynl said...

I would love a cup of contentment so I could be happy, relaxed and at peace and I could hear God speaking.

Donna J. Shepherd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna J. Shepherd said...

Let's see...I could really use a cup (or a gallon!) of organization. Then perhaps I could minister in the many ways I desire, and be able to keep it all straight.

(I had a doozy of a mistake in my first one...sorry. :)

niagara94 said...

I would like to have a cup of freedom as it is something that I need so very much. Throughout my life (until recently) there has been one thing or another that took my freedom away. I'm still sensitive to things that encroach on my freedom.

Carol J. Sharp said...

I want my cup to be filled with joy. My name means "song of joy". I want to fulfill the destiny of all the Lord calls me to in joy. I desire the joy of my Lord to always be my strength.

Robin Bayne said...

All your answers were wonderful! I put the names in a bowl and my dh picked Val.

Congrats Val, send me an email with your name & mailing addy!!