Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Eat Cake!

Special Book Review!

Warning: Don't read while hungry!!! I picked up this book, I must admit, because I loved the cover. I thought the story might be similar to my own novella, "The Good Samaritan," which also featured yummy pastries. This book, however, is about a much younger heroine and her search for meaning, and a life. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and am craving French dessert!

I also have a copy of this book to give away! Just post a comment here before Sunday and tell me your favorite dessert, and you will be entered in the drawing. (sorry, only available to ship in continental US)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketBook: LET THEM EAT CAKE

Author: SANDRA BYRD

Summary: Lexi Stuart is at a critical crossroads. She’s done with college but still living at home, ready to launch a career but unable to find a job, and solidly stalled between boyfriends.



When a lighthearted conversation in French with the manager of her favorite bakery turns into a job offer, Lexi accepts. But the actual glamour is minimal: the pay is less than generous, her co-workers are skeptical, her bank account remains vertically-challenged, and her parents are perpetually disappointed. Her only comfort comes from the flirtatious baker she has her eye—but even may not be who he seems to be!



So when a handsome young executive dashes into the bakery to pick up his high profile company’s special order for an important meeting—an order Lexi has flubbed— she loses her compulsion to please. “What am I going to do?” he shouts. “Let them eat cake!” she fires back with equal passion and a nod to Marie Antoinette. And then, something inside Lexi clicks. Laissez la révolution commencer! Let the revolution begin! Instead of trying to fulfill everyone else’s expectations for her life, Lexi embarks on an adventure in trusting God with her future—très bon!



Lexi – and Let Them Eat Cake – will entertain readers with wit and great fun, but also explore the universal coming-of-age themes of separating from one’s family of origin, establishing self-esteem, and making healthy choices.

19 comments:

Leslie said...

My favorite dessert - oh there are so many but I think I'll go with a hot chocolate brownie topped with icecream and chocolate syrup. Now, if I have to stick to low-carb I'd go with a low-carb cheesecake. :)

Erica >^..^ said...

Sounds like a really fun read! Let's see, if I absolutely had to pick a favorite desert (and I LOVE desert), it would probably be white chocolate macadamia cookies made into an ice cream sandwich. Yum!

Lucy A. Cain, All Glory Is His Writing Ministry said...

Favorite dessert...my, my, that's hard! Pecan pie. No, cheesecake with cherries on top. Uh, golly, maybe upsidedown apple walnut. Oh jeepers! Ok. Final answer is...
LEMON MERINGUE PIE. :) I think.

ginnae said...

The book sounds like a great read. I will have to check it out.

My favorite dessert is French Silk Pie!!!

cnybookworm@verizon.net said...

My favorite dessert...I think that I would have to say cookie dough ice cream with M-n-M's on top. Yum!

Virginia Smith said...

My favorite dessert is a flourless chocolate cake. A big wedge of thick, fudgy dark chocolate drizzled with raspberry sauce. Yummy!

ccrickets_77 said...

I agree, the book sounds delicious to read! Yum! Yum!

I have a real sweet tooth and just about anything is my favorite. But I would choose strawberry shortcake above anything else.

Deaf_Christian, Angie

MizB said...

My all-time favorite dessert is definitely cherry-cheesecake! My mom makes one for me as my "birthday" cake every year. ;o)

I'd love to be entered to win a copy of this book, please! :-)

<>< Mizbooks
of Solely Books

Ann said...

My favorite dessert? I have to go with pineapple since it's my favorite fruit in all the world and makes everything better, whether it's meats or desserts. So my choice is Pineapple Upside Down Cake.

Blissful said...

Thanks for offering this, Robin. I'm back. Missed ya. :)

A favorite dessert of mine is Lemon meringue pie. Oh, yeah.

Karen said...

If I eat the cover, it'll be fewer calories, right?

Here's a book I can enjoy AND pass on to my daughter! Pick me, pick me.

Karen said...

OOPS--forgot to tell you my favorite dessert: ANYTHING DARK CHOCOLATE.

Anonymous said...

Deborah said...Let there be pie, lots of pie...blackberry, that reminds me of my grandmother who spoiled me when I was a child, or it could have been her pumpkin pie that brings so many warm family memories.

Julie Morrison said...

wow this sounds like a SUH-Weeeet book! Pick me! My favorite dessert is Anniversary Chocolat Mousse
because it has no calories! wink wink!

Susan said...

I love books about food! Tee Hee Hee!

Is there anything better than chocolate . . . I love anything chocolate especially cheesecake topped with chocolate! Oh no . . . now I gotta have some . . .

catslady said...

Now I really am hungry. Apple Pan Dowdy (and I'm not sure that's the correct right word) but basically it's layered warm apple crunch pie and vanilla ice cream with a topping of whipped cream (the real stuff) and a cherry on top lol.

Carolyn said...

Now I am getting hungry! My favorite dessert is homemade fudge. I use my grandmother's recipe which has been handed down through three generations.

Jeanne Sue said...

My favorite dessert would be coconut creme pie...

Bevae said...

As I was growing up, my mom would make a dessert that was absolutely wonderful but had no name. A pineapple ring was topped with a slice of carmelized sweetened condensed milk, then a dollop of whipped cream and a maraschino cherry were added. I'll call it Heavenly Pineapple Caramel Dessert!