Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Characters Blogging

Great topic on Laura Hamby's blog today--have you visited blogs which feature the author's characters in conversation? If so, did you like it?

Please post links to examples if you find them!

Laura writes:

I was chatting with a writer friend via IM last night, about the trend towards characters from romance novels blogging-- yanno, in first person. We both decided it made us uncomfortable to both read such a blog. Now, if this is something you've done personally, GREAT! Send me a link to your blog so I can see for myself how you've done it. But for me to write a blog from say, Coralie's (heroine in Cupid on a Mission)POV, I'm thinkin' it would read like it was me trying very hard to channel a character I wrote in 3rd person, through a first person point of view. Did that make any sense? GGG.

2 comments:

chrisd said...

No. I don't understand.

Writing a post like your character is like acting, more than anything.

Laura Hamby said...

But what do you think of authors blogging on behalf of their characters-- in the POV of the character?