Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Monday, February 19, 2007

Believing God

This is one of my posts from a long-lost blog template. . . .

Believing God About Your Writing (or your life!)




“I’m Believing God” —Beth Moore


I am one of those authors who kicked off her career in the secular market, only to realize later that God had other plans for her writing. This was a tough commitment to make, because my traditional and paranormal romances had begun to win awards and make just a bit of money. Like some of you, I knew this was what God had in mind for me, but this change of subgenre mid-stream slowed me down and frustrated me. I decided to take my time, read as much as possible and begin again.
During this quiet time, I completed an online Bible study with instructor Beth Moore. Aptly titled “Believing God,” Beth led her students through a wealth of scripture intended to show why God was to not only be believed in, but to be believed.
At the start of each session we recited the “Five Statement Pledge of Faith.”

1) God is who He says He is.

2) God can do what He says He can do.

3) I am who God says I am.

4) I can do all things through Christ.

5) God’s word is alive and active in me.

These statements can be applied to the work we have been called to do–writing for Him. We are writers, though most of us sometimes wonder if we should call ourselves by that title. Look at statement three again. If we trust He is God, and He says we are writers, who are we to argue?
We can do all things through Christ. We can overcome flaws in our technique, rejection, writer’s block, publishing problems, poor reviews; any of it. Because we aren’t working alone.
The last statement is my favorite– I love knowing that God’s word is alive and active in me. Because if this is true, and it is, I have that much more support in getting that word back out, and onto paper. This is true for all of us. So take heart, commit to writing for Him, and recite these five statements when you feel discouraged. Believe God that you are a writer. And as Beth would say, add to your pledge these words “I’m believing God.”




*information on Beth Moore’s studies can be found here.

3 comments:

Megan said...

This will be a great post to remember once a finish my secular YA novel and start working on my inspirational one.

Robin Bayne said...

Sounds good, Megan!

Lori Plach said...

Hello,
I just found this blog. I love to read Christian and/or inspirational books. I especially like to write reviews on them on my blog. Please feel free to check out my blog at http://appletonreads.blogspot.com
Keep up the good writing!