Please Join Us Weekly For Writing Inspiration. . . "Words To Write By" from your favorite Christian authors. . . .

Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Sound of Paper--a few notes

I was cleaning my writing files and came across these notes, taken while reading "The Sound of Paper" a year or so ago, byJulia Cameron. I highly recommend this book--and hope you can get a little something from the concepts I jotted down.

--Drama is seductive(and saps your writing time.)
--We can not know where our journey will lead.
--Pray to overcome unbelief.
--Writing can be do-able, portable and casual (don't make it such a big deal)
--We don't know the number of our days --live consciously.
--Ask God to work through me like a channel
--Thy will be done, not mine.
--Artists thrive on structure.
--When we commit to a dream, the materials come.
--It is the "making of art," -not- "our art making it" that signifies an artist's life.
--Don't pour out all your creativity in email. Manage modern life and media input like a diet.

I think I want to re-read Julia's book : )

1 comment:

Trish Ryan said...

Wow - great advice in a world convinced that if we don't pound out our 95,000 word novel between now and Christmas, our dream will die.

I go back and forth with Cameron - her advice is so wise, but her life is such a mess. It's almost too painful to read. I haven't read The Sound of Paper; maybe I'll pick it up :)